Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

9/08/03....A Day To Remember

Eight years ago we journey half way around this world to meet our daughter for the first time. She was a treasure worth searching out.....and still is. Mommie loves you sweetheart!


TREASURE OF THE HEART


I remember as though it was yesterday,
the events that took place that day.
With excitement beyond description,
to Azerbaijan we had made our way.

This journey was unlike any other
in the eyes of this anxious mother.
For the treasure ahead was our daughter;
and a child is a prize like no other.

I held my breath and strained to see
the treasure she held so lovingly.
My heart beat wildly, I refused to blink
as the caregiver walked straight to me.

I beheld the most beautiful baby.
She was tiny and cute as can be.
I could hardly believe it was real,
when this treasure was handed to me.

I held her and I breathed her in,
memorizing her face, round and pure.
This child was the one I had prayed for!
She is much loved and wanted, for sure.

For so long I had dreamt of this moment,
and I'll always remember this day.
For this baby was born in my heart,
and in my heart forever she'll stay.

copyright
Diane Proctor

1 comment: